Old clothes, poetry, music and the beauty of the natural world inspire me to be present and yet transcend time at the same time. Every day in each moment we have the opportunity to create magic in myriad ways and for me clothing is such a deep part of that. What character do I feel today? What am I going to make and give to the world? An outfit in itself can be a work of art...I guess that is what is meant by style...how we collage together clothes out of how we feel emotionally and physically. It is magic really, the creation of a beautiful illusion that we present to the world that affects those around us. The ability to create is one of the greatest gifts we have as human beings, so in my small way I hope by offering wonderful clothes and old goods I can inspire those who come across my shop to dream their dreams and create their own magic.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Beautiful Birthday Dress!!!

The beautiful Katarina Silva recently bought this lovely dress from me. This dress is just one of those very special dresses you come across sometimes that just has magic in it. I originally bought this lovely Gunne Sax Dress from my wonderful friend Sasha over at Astral Boutique(See blog and shop listed in my blog favs) to wear on my birthday in Big Sur, California last fall and decided to let someone else try on its magic and now it has found its home with Katarina. She is an amazing photographer (check out her blog, it is listed in my blog favs Lanscapes of My Soul) and honored me with a photo of her in the wonderful piece. Thanks so much Katarina! You look absolutely beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Thank YOU Toni! I also wore this lovely dress on my birthday and loved the way it made me feel. You find such wardrobe treasures! xoxox

    ReplyDelete