Old clothes, poetry, music and the beauty of the natural world inspire me to be present and yet transcend time at the same time. Every day in each moment we have the opportunity to create magic in myriad ways and for me clothing is such a deep part of that. What character do I feel today? What am I going to make and give to the world? An outfit in itself can be a work of art...I guess that is what is meant by style...how we collage together clothes out of how we feel emotionally and physically. It is magic really, the creation of a beautiful illusion that we present to the world that affects those around us. The ability to create is one of the greatest gifts we have as human beings, so in my small way I hope by offering wonderful clothes and old goods I can inspire those who come across my shop to dream their dreams and create their own magic.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I DON'T WANT TO CATCH THE WORLD ON FIRE~ An Evening At The Boulderado Hotel

I DON'T WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE
By The Ink Spots

I don't want to set the world on fire
I just want to start a flame in your heart

In my heart I have but one desire
And that one is you
No other will do

I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim
I just want to be the one you love

And with your admission that you feel the same
I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of

Believe me

I don't want to set the world on fire
I just want to start a flame in your heart
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Wednesday night as it poured rain and the sky was filled with lightening and the sound of thunder, my boyfriend Max and I headed down to the historical Boulderado Hotel for a bit of a fashion shoot for the shop. We met up with the beautiful and lovely Roberta Baines (visiting from Italy for a week) who would be modeling and Hagan Caldwell who would be taking the photos that evening. The Boulderado is an old victorian hotel that opened on New Year's Day in 1909 and is said to be haunted as well. It definitely has that "Shining" feeling to it, but at the same time it is a perfect place to have cocktails in the The Corner Bar or lobby as well as lunch or dinner in the dining room. Famous guest include Helen Keller, Douglas Fairbanks, Ethel Barrymore, and Louis Armstrong. We started the evening with a cocktail and then got to work with our guerilla style photo shoot, although no one seemed to mind that we were there. I suspect it was because the clothes we were prancing around in seemed to suit the decor and that probably does not happen too often these days. People kept asking if we were shooting a movie and we just laughed and smiled a lot. The evening was so much fun for all of us we stayed a while after we finished shooting sitting on the second floor mezzanine in the old victorian couchs just catching up and hearing about Roberta's new eye and sun glass design business she has just launched in Italy called Tavat. Look for those frames in the future as she had samples and they are so classy and timeless. Roberta is the sweetest girl you ever want to meet and even gave me a great pair with green frames that I am so excited about! We finally packed it in and raced to the car in the rain and parted for home. I wanna thank my dear friends for helping make the evening a dream , especially my sweet Max who is endlessly supportive and helpful beyond words.


PHOTOS BY HAGAN CALDWELL
A lovely 1960s Hong Kong Maxi Dress on one of the chaise longe~
The Full View~

Roberta in a 1930s Cotton Gown in front of "Honey Bee"~
Going back in Time~

Stunning Blue silk "Butterflies are Free" Tunic~
My sweetie Max and Me~
1970s Cachet Jumpsuit~

1970s RAINBOW Bathing Suit~
Lovely Satin and Lace 1980s Prom Dress~

THE BOULDERADO HOTEL
http://www.boulderado.com/homepage.html
TAVAT EYE WEAR
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TAVAT-Eyewear/104952929535143

No comments:

Post a Comment